- Unemployment: Without a doubt, the wrench in the cog of economic recovery. Forecasts predict 2011 will continue to be a challenging year.
- Bush-era tax cuts extended another two years: Thank you President Obama. Will this propel 2011 to an economic recovery?
- Foreclosures: Continues to be a huge problem for millions of Americans.
- Great Recession declared over: The National Bureau of Economic Research declared the economic downturn that started in December 2007 ended in June 2009. This was the longest downturn since WW II. Just try telling the millions of under and unemployed Americans that the recession is over.
- President Obama signed into law the most sweeping financial regulations overhaul in decades: Part of the regulation created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to protect consumers from abusive lending practices that got us in this mess to begin with.
- Flash crash: On May 6th, the Dow lost almost 1000 points in 20 minutes before partially recovering.
- Social Security turns 75: Happy birthday old friend.
Top Economic Stories of 2010.
December 22, 2010 by moneyprovidesfreedom