- Market order: Most common type of order. Immediate execution at current price. It will get filled.
- Limit order: An order to buy or sell only at a specified (“limit”) price.
- Day order: Terminates automatically at end of the business day if order has not been filled.
- Good till cancelled (GTC): Order remains in effect until executed or cancelled.
- Stop order: Will turn into a market order once a stock hits a certain price.
Different Ways to Trade Stock.
September 6, 2010 by moneyprovidesfreedom